8.05.2011

An Open Back & Denim



Open back denim dress - Gap; $15
Brown wedge sandals - Ross; $16
Geode ring - H&M; $6
Feather ring - Forever 21; $4
Bronze fringe necklace - vintage via eBay; $3

I could't wait to wear this dress, so I jumped at the chance to finally hem it this morning when I found about an hour of spare time. Ever since I started advertising my dog sitting services for neighborhoods in my area I haven't had much time for myself. I've made barely any progress in the Salinger novel I started reading back in June and I fear my highly neglected sewing pile will continue to grow steadily. If only there were more hours in the day to do, well, nothing!

I'm absolutely enamored with the back of this dress. The tie details change what would otherwise be a basic denim shift into the perfect dress for summer picnic. I wanted to complement the blue denim by pairing it with brown and gold, like my favorite faux geode and new feather multi-finger rings. I have a pretty ordinary weekend ahead, one that will probably include a Just Dance Wii party and  a couple hours at the store. One of my new favorite bands is playing a free show in the Northern Liberties on Saturday and I was bummed to see that my shift overlapped with it. I have a bunch of shows lined up on my Songkick calendar for the fall though, so I'd better start contacting some managers to see how many photos passes I can get!




No comments:

Post a Comment