8.02.2011

1969


I picked up some really great finds at Gap this weekend, and incidentally every piece I bought was denim. Gap jeans are unquestionably the best quality jeans one could hope to find in a mall store. Denim itself has such an iconic presence in American style, so while certain washes or cuts may come and go,  denim will remain a classic.




I was lucky enough to find this stunning tie-back dress on sale. It was hidden in the back of a dress rack and was apparently the only one of its kind at that particular store; they hadn't carried it originally but this one came into their possession when a customer returned it. I don't often like smocking, but it works on this dress and helps it sit at my natural waist. The length of the skirt looks a bit strange for my proportions too, only because it's straight rather than full, but it's nothing a bit of hemming can't fix.


Let's talk about the perfect jean shorts. They're not your run-of-the-mill frayed and bleached cut-off shorts, but instead they're impeccably detailed with a paper bag waist, ribbon belt, and a double hem. I neglected to iron them and therefore this photo barely does them justice, but they're made of a lightweight chambray in a fresh blue color and they sit at my natural waist. They have all the perks of a high-waisted skirt, but as shorts they offer more versatility and movement.


I also found the greatest full denim skirt. It also sits at my natural waistline (notice a pattern?) and has the best details: pockets and little belt loops. I can't wait to wear it with a skinny leather belt and a tucked-in blouse.

Additionally, I picked up a great pair of dark wash denim trousers. They have a bit of a stretch and a wide leg which is coming back in a huge way. Then again, trousers never really go out, and even if they did I'd still love these pants. I did find one thing that wasn't denim, a black chiffon maxi skirt. Not only was it exactly what I had been looking for but it was less than $6! I'd highly suggest shopping the sales going on now, because stores are already rolling in their fall and pre-fall collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment