8.28.2011

Mexico, Part Two



Sandy toes



Every morning we found a set of chairs between the pool and the beach so that we could go back and forth as we pleased. I found that I much preferred swimming in the ocean; the waves were cooler while the pool was heated and more crowded. Hammocks, which were fun to swing in, were hung intermittently between the rows of lounge chairs.



Poolside reads and refreshments


Monkeys!


We went snorkeling right off the pier where there were clusters of plants, coral, and TONS of fish! Hundreds and hundreds of them hid in the shade underneath the docks. You could swim right through a school of fish, and even though they would let you touch them, they were but inches away. I'm kicking myself for not getting an underwater camera. 

Floral dress $17, feather necklace $6 - H&M; Green satchel $20 - Urban Outfitters; black sandals $7 - Payless
Paths like this wove their way all around the resort, through the beautifully curated gardens. It felt like we were living in the middle of a tropical rain forest, full of blooming flowers, birds, and the occasional iguana. As I type this I'm listening to the steady rainfall outside my window, and I'm longing for the hot sun and ocean view. 

I hope you all enjoy your weekend, rain or shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment