8.03.2011

The Long and Short of it




I finally found them: the perfect summer shorts. In all honestly, tiny little cut-offs always made me feel over-exposed, I usually felt like I had to pair them with an over-sized or draped tee, and all of that extra fabric was no good in the heat. I'm a bit obsessed with vintage high-rise cut of these pleated chambray shorts. They're loose and lightweight, and the paper bag waist makes them feel quite modern as well. My brother tried to tell me I was wearing "mom" pants, a comment I simply ignored. I'll be frank; perhaps they're not the most flattering, especially on a figure like my own where my hips are the widest part of my body, but I'll wear them simply because I like them! 

I still can't get over this top and the way it buttons down the back. I bought it back in February at one of Urban's end-of-the-season sales, even though I didn't know exactly what to wear it with. With jeans it looked like just another blouse, but I think the black ribbon on my shorts bring out details like the peter pan collar and button on my top. I swapped out my green satchel for this floral print bag that I had almost forgotten about.





Shorts - Gap; $8
Blouse - Urban Outfitters; $10
Bow flats - Urban Outfitters
Rose ring - Charlotte Russe; $4
Floral bag - thrifted; $6

No comments:

Post a Comment