5.03.2011

So Lead My Feet Away


On Sunday my friend revealed to me this gorgeous little park, tucked away amongst the ancient buildings of a certain Ivy League campus. Who would have thought that a pond full of giant koi fish, mallard ducks, and dozens of turtles could exist in University City? I'm going to call it "The Magical Garden of Wonders!"
We sat on a stone bench under the shade of tree to eat lunch and it was the perfect day to be outside. I got up to snap some photos of a pair of ducks swimming around a group of orange koi, and when I sat back down my friend pointed out that every single person sitting on the other side of the pond was watching me. It's like the fact that I'm wielding a camera is an invitation for strangers to stare. 




I'm also a little bit obsessed with this dress. I've decided that I'm going to buy every white pintuck cotton dress I see so that I can have one to wear every day this summer. We'll see how that plan pans out. I was going for an earthy sort of 70's vibe, so I added these tortoiseshell round glasses and some turquoise jewelry. I'm really into round glasses this year, I'm not sure why, but I've already picked up three different pairs. 







*Shopping tip: This dress is still full price online, but I found it in stores on sale! It does run big, so I'd suggest going one size down or belting it

Dress, belt, sunglasses- Urban Outfitters, $30, $5, $10
Sandals - H&M, $13
Geode necklace -  Forever 21, $8
Turquoise ring - Flea market, $3
Tote - Etsy

1 comment:

  1. Haha, seriously, whenever I have my camera out, people act like they've never seen a camera with removable lenses. Especially when taking photos of people on the street - everyone thinks it's professional or something.

    Anyway, that dress is quite lovely! That style is gorgeous and it looks great on ya!

    xox

    ReplyDelete