12.10.2011

To Be Adventurous


faux leather skirt $3 - thrifted; tights - Apt. 9 via Kohl's; striped pocket tee $5 - Gap; black wedge booties $25 - Bamboo via Burlington Coat Factory; scarf $6 - H&M

I have a horrible habit of second-guessing myself. I found this treasure of a skirt hidden within a thrift store just off of South Street this past spring, and Friday was the first day I ever wore it! As soon as I laid my eyes on it I knew I loved it. Most importantly, it would fit seamlessly into my existing wardrobe and add a bit of edge. Alas, I only worked up the courage to wear it after seeing about a dozen leather skirts circling the blogosphere. If I've learned anything over the past year, it's that I should trust my instincts. Because you know what? I really like everything about this skirt: the length, the fit, even the strange (but interesting!) synthetic texture. 

It didn't feel like winter until just about two days ago, but colder weather means my opaque tights will be in heavy rotation. My favorite dark red pair from Hue are showing some serious signs of wear-and-tear, and I don't know how many more times I'll be able to sew up the holes that are constantly ripping in the toes before they give out. Luckily, I found a replacement over the summer during one of Kohl's epic Gold Star clearance events. I bought a pair in teal, too.


If you'd like to grab yourself a pair of colorful tights, or make some progress with that gift shopping I know you've been putting off, just enter BIGGESTSALE at checkout for 20% off your purchase at Kohl's! It's valid from 12/8-12/11.

Now that I'm home on break, I have a day full of unpacking and decorating ahead of me. I hope you enjoy the weekend as well!

1 comment: