7.27.2011

Brights: Primary



I've been wearing neon in small doses. Frankly I find fluorescent colors to be kind of fun and because this lime green is such an in-your-face color it goes with anything, if that makes any sense. I also don't feel like I'm wearing a standard red and green Christmas themed outfit. Maybe I could just say I'm actually dressing for Christmas in July and call it "ironic." My nails were already painted a bright shade of yellow, a favorite of mine for summer, so I grabbed some blue shoes for balance. I do believe I properly represented all primary and secondary colors of the color wheel. I also felt like a box of Crayola crayons.

I went to Target this past weekend to get shampoo and conditioner and I left with this dress (and shampoo). It's a chameleon shade of red, one that could look either crimson or red-orange depending on what it's worn with. I bought it with the intention of wearing it on the plane when my family goes on vacation later this month, but I wanted to wear it right away. Packing for a trip has never been easier; so far I've accumulated a pile of ten dresses and therefore avoided the trouble of having to match tops to bottoms and so on. I could probably get away with only a few pairs of shoes too, which would leave enough room for the loads of sunscreen I'll need to bring to protect my pasty skin.




I also had a couple of canine photobombers on my hands! 

Red knit dress - Target; $20
Neon green belt - eBay; $2
Blue flats - Aldo; $20
Orange & purple rings - H&M; $5 for set of 2
Yellow nail polish - Ulta

1 comment:

  1. I love how you styled all of the different colors together. It works very well!

    ReplyDelete