9.03.2011

Golden






It was brought to my attention the other day how serious I look in most of my photos, and I laughed a bit. I didn't even realize I looked angry! I try to smile, but when it's just my camera and I, I feel so strange, and even more so lately because both of my neighbors have been out and about. With an audience I feel much more self-conscious. I think that is my greatest weakness, worrying about what other people think of me. I feel like I've taken some huge steps to overcome what used to be crippling insecurities, but I've decided that is just what makes me who I am. Did you know I was even afraid to wear these shoes for the longest time? I was so concerned that others would think they were crazy despite how much I loved them. The truth is that I've received nothing but compliments when I do wear them, and that just makes me feel foolish. But it's also a lesson learned. 

This season my mantra has been to wear what I want because I like it. I'm trying my hardest not to get caught up on whether or not something is flattering or if it fits into a certain "look," I just want to wear what I want and leave it at that. I've gone on shopping trips with my friends who get overly concerned over what matches with a particular shade of gray, or whether or not they can wear earring with a certain top. It made me realize how much we over think getting dressed. I like outfits that look spontaneous, with accessories that don't really match but that complement each other, outfits that look a little disheveled, and I think that's an attitude I'd like to start to emulate. But like I said, I'm not going to over think it.





2 comments:

  1. Gosh! This is a beautiful dress. I always feel self-conscious when I take photos, but I think looking more relaxed in photos comes with time ... And I hear you on the neighbour thing!
    Kelly xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite thing about this look is the adorable bronze shoes with the floral dress. Unexpected and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete