10.03.2013

Faux


I'm pleasantly surprised that after having to wear this skirt all summer I haven't developed deep-seated feelings of disgust and disdain for its silk, polka-dotted pleats. I bought it on super-sale last December and was mere seconds away from also getting its red diamond-patterned counterpart, but I think I realized that the world (and my budget) is too small to justify having copies of an admittedly average skirt in my closet. This leather t-shirt was patiently waiting for me on the clearance rack in Macy's in Center City last winter. I think it knew I would be impressed by how soft and convincing its imitation leather fabrication was - and it was right! I've spotted this strikingly similar top on Piperlime and can attest to the unexpected versatility of faux leather tee. It's admittedly a little stiff, especially in the sleeves, but unless your day job requires a lot of arm-raising I'm sure you'll be just fine. In case you're still not convinced that you secretly want a leather shirt, my fallback outfit this fall has boiled down to this top and a pair of high-waisted skinny jeans and it's the easiest way to hide how much difficulty I may have had getting dressed that morning.

Maybe it's just me, and perhaps I had grown too accustomed to have a limited number of choices and simple combinations all summer, but recently I've found my wardrobe to be a bit overwhelming. I think this means it's time for a seasonal closet purge, so maybe I'll be able to find new homes for my confusing clothes at Buffalo Exchange.

I'm also back into the swing of classes, meetings, group projects, writing and editing articles, and everything that comes with each new term. I'm currently tossing around the idea of graduating early, or maybe picking up a part-time job or internship. The worst part about thinking about my no-so-immediate future is looking at the last few folders of pictures I have yet to edit from my summer abroad. Maybe I'll make a post about this week. Maybe.

Faux leather top - Kensie 
Polka dot skirt - J. Crew 
Morainn leather gladiator sandals - Aldo 
Bag - Madewell 
Watch - Marc by Marc Jacobs

1 comment: