10.07.2011

Studious



We're three weeks into the term at this point and I'm trying my hardest to be a good student, a goal that is proving to be easier said than done. It's not that I have an extraneous workload, I just get so easily distracted! I'm still dedicating at least one day a week to my job and internship hunt as well. Since my suite can be rather crowded at times, with one person clanking around in the kitchen, another giggling on Skype, and a third sat in front of the television in the common area, I've begun to escape to my floor lounge. It's the perfect place to go when I'm in need of a quiet work space because, surprisingly, no one is ever in there! Benches line windows that extend across the entirety of one wall and that let in the most gorgeous light, especially in the late afternoon. 

This outfit looked better in my head that it did in actuality. I wish I had a larger sweater to layer over this denim button down because this one is rather fitted and made the shirt bunch up. I think the key to executing a preppy look is a crisp tailored vibe, and I don't know if this outfit made the mark. Either way, there were elements I liked. These cropped riding pants are new to my closet; I had been watching them in the store but my size sold out before they even went on sale! Luckily I was able to hunt them down at a store here at school. The riding pants I wore when I was younger when I was a bit of an aspiring equestrian I remember being quite fitted. Pants that fit well all around are always hard to find. I'm not the only one with that problem, right? One weekend when I'm home later this month I'll have to throw them under my sewing machine and see if I can make any adjustments.  


Striped sweater $15 - H&M; chambray button down $20, riding pants $30 - Gap; jeweled necklace $6 - Kohl's; gray perforated suede oxfords $13 - Old Navy

Also, I'm currently watching last week's episode of Project Runway and I am in love with Olivia Palermo's hair, apparently dubbed the "lob" (long bob?). I'm in the mood for a change hair-wise, so perhaps it will happen soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment