2.16.2011

The West Steps

While not as iconic as the East entrance, more commonly referred to as the "Rocky steps," I think the West entrance to the Philadelphia Museum of Art is just as stunning. I hadn't even realized before that the tall Romanesque pillars are adorned with colored mosaic tile.
I ventured to the museum with my design class today. Who ever said college students can't go on field trips? But I fell victim to the bummer of the century when my camera battery died only seconds after I took this photo. 
The museum is less than a twenty minute walk from campus, and as an art student I have free admission, so I plan to go back within the next week to photograph some of my favorite pieces.



(boat house row)



I decided to wander through Fairmount Park instead where I thought I could find a quieter, less populated place to take outfit pictures. Today is only the first of series of warm, spring-like streak that is supposed to last until the weekend. I think I'll plan some sort of excursion for Friday so that I can continue to get used to my new camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment