12.01.2013

Madewell: Fall 2013 Lookbook



Confession: I work in a clothing store but I consistently find myself stumped when it comes to getting dressed in the morning. I'm not afraid to admit I'm a fickle creature, especially when it comes to clothing. My affections wane and ebb like the waters of a stormy sea and are often quelled, if only temporarily, by Madewell's seasonal lookbook. I have fallen right into their perfectly styled marketing trap.

What drew me so much to these looks, I think, is how many of these pieces I already own. A leather skirt, blue checked button-up, bright coat, black ankle boots, warm-hued a-line skirt, striped shirt, motorcycle jacket and graphic tees already live in my crowded closet space. Next on my list is a pair of coated skinny denim, a marled maxi skirt, a bomber jacket and that Shimmerweave tee dress, the only thing I know I won't be able to find a cheaper version of in H&M.

No comments:

Post a Comment