5.16.2012

Rooms Filled with Light

The Drums
Over the course of the past few months I've had the opportunity to photograph some rather spectacular bands. Unfortunately I've also submitted to overwhelming laziness and have just gotten around to editing photos that have been sitting in a folder since the beginning of March. Thank goodness I don't do this for a living, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to eat for about two and a half months. The Walkmen put on a brilliant 3 hour long set on March 4 at Union Transfer; their show here in Philadelphia was part of a series of celebratory shows that honored their 10th anniversary as a band. Washed Out played at the same venue on April 19 and Fanfarlo was here to promote their newest album on March 8. The Drums were at Union Transfer as well back on April 23, and despite it being the most difficult show I've ever had to shoot (backlighting, smoke, more backlighting, and more smoke) it was a great show to watch. Every so often I have to remember to put down my camera, stop thinking about catching the best light, and just enjoy the music.

Washed Out
The Walkmen
Fanfarlo


1 comment:

  1. These pictures are AMAZING!!! and umm hi :) i miss youuuu!! finally getting my own camera soon...perhaps a blog comeback is in order?! :P

    ReplyDelete